Monday, October 15, 2007

Where Is Your God Now?

Oh Irish, you lovable optimists. You have to appreciate a school filled entirely with cheerleaders. Dirty, ugly, racist cheerleaders.

However, everyone, ND fans included, knew that this season was going to be a tough one. And thus, many Gold Domer Homers (yeah I know, it's catchy ain't it?) took a much more pessimistic and realistic view at the upcoming football season when writing in August. I have seen numerous "realistic and down to Earth" Notre Dame fans write something similar to this gem that was found on SI.com's FanNation section:

"Doubt it. 4-4 at worst. No way Georgia Tech or BC beats them.
IrishR#1 | 08/17/07"

Yes, that's right IrishR#1, worst-case scenario Notre Dame would be 4-4 to start this season.

Fast forward to today. Notre Dame is 1-6 (and would be 0-7 if UCLA wasn't coached by a god damn retard) going into this weekend's game against USC. Additionally, and I bet this wasn't in any worst-case scenario options, the entire program is imploding with numerous Weiss recruits jumping ship, Clausen getting his psyche irreparably damaged by being thrown to the lions when he wasn't ready, and former players and alumni cultivating a quiet coup d'etat against Charlie Cheeseburger.

Look forward to the game on Saturday. (Additionally I'm going to start taking yoga lessons so that I can stick my foot in my big stupid mouth when ND pulls off the upset against my Trojans. Because that's the way karma works. Additionally I hope you all appreciate my allusions to not one, but two Hindu practices during these parentheses. Yes, that was intentional. No, foot in mouth does not count as a Hindu practice.)

Big thanks to Trojan Wire for the video.

No comments: