Friday, October 19, 2007

TGIF

I found myself on Friday night sitting and watching the thrilling giants of the Big East duke it out. Yeah, that's right...UCONN and L'Ville (in the battle for the coolest school abbreviation). Does anyone else think that Carson Palmer is Brian Brohm's older brother? Or is it just me? Anyway, as topsy-turvy as this college football season's been, Louisville continued to succeed at being a big disappointment. Wait, you just lost to a perennial basketball school? I guess beating Wake Forest last year took too much gas out of the tank. Probably the epitomy of how dull this game was was in the marching bands. Or lack thereof. Way to go UCONN, your stadium's pump-up system was playing Welcome to the Jungle on third down plays. Congratulations.

I didn't have internet for the past two days, so I didn't get to check my Yahoo! Email (and I obviously didn't get to post ). If you don't use it, let me tell you that it is pretty much off the hook. Check it out. You'll notice that there are always four very intriguing stories on the main page. Usually one's entertainment related, which is always off-the-hook (Note how good that song is in the background). One's about how to fix your failing relationship (which is failing so badly that you're turning to the internet for ways to cure it) or your health. One's a feature article about something funny...like this one about Neanderthals! And the last is usually sports related -- dumbed down enough to cater to idiots.

As a side note, these stories tend to make people into bigger idiots. Like this one. Seriously? I know there's slim pickings this Friday night (see ESPN's coverage), but you chose to report about Josh Beckett's ex-girlfriend? Come on (Granted, she's FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE).I must admit I'm not a hockey fan, so I don't know what's going on with the NHL much. However, those sportscenter highlights of Sidney Crosby and the Penguins game were pretty amazing. Regardless, there was very little going on in sports on this Friday night. I think Tim's post on Joe Torre pretty much summed it up. As such, I really just used this post as an excuse to include a link to the funniest Yahoo! feature I've seen in a long time. Way to go J.K. Rowling. We knew Lance Bass had to be gay. But Dumbledore? That's even bigger! I think by far my favorite line is at the very end, in which Rowling notes that Christian groups believe her books promote witchcraft.............................Do they now?

No comments: