Thursday, November 15, 2007

And to think, I thought we were going to have get him on tax evasion...

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Go fuck yourself Barry Bonds.

You had this coming and you deserve any punishment you get. Any man that cheats his ways to two of the most storied records in sports (HR season, HR career) and dethrones one of the classiest men in baseball history (Hank Aaron), while simultaneously being a complete and utter jackass to his fans, fellow players, and the media has to have karma barreling towards him like a ICBM missile. (Yeah don't ask, we just covered the SALT treaties in my foreign policy class, so I've got missiles on the brain.)

The article I read on Bonds' indictment says that he could go to prison for up to 30 years on five counts of perjury, obstruction of justice, and lying before a grand jury. (How is lying before a grand jury different than perjury?)
Obviously, there's no way he'll go to prison for 30 years. He won't go to prison for more than 2 years, and the only way he'll see any prison time is if the judge is a Dodger fan. Regardless, this is a victory for justice, equality, the American way, and apple pie.

Ever since I was a little kid watching Gretzky do wizardry with a hockey puck, and Magic and Showtime perform Cirque de Soleil on the basketball court, I have been in awe of athletes and sports in general. The drama was pure and raw. But steroids has ruined a lot of that for me. It's like going from watching Lost to watching Temptation Island.
But if Barry Bonds spends just one day in a federal pound-me-in-the-ass-prison, my childhood sports innocence can be restored.

No comments: